DBaaS: APEX 5.0 - ORDS - Application Images and Workspace Images Static Files Do Not Display in Application After Patching APEX
Last updated on MARCH 08, 2017
Applies to:Oracle Application Express (formerly HTML DB) - Version 5.0.0.00.31 and later
Oracle Database as a Service - Version N/A and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
A working application has been transferred to a new instance using APEX 5.0.0. None of the application or workspace images are rendered on the application. This problem still exists even after applying Oracle Application Express Patch 21805060 (5.0.2) - has been applied.
* Workspace / application images do not appear
* The drag and drop plugin does not work
The same test case does work against a 184.108.40.206. Cloud instance after the APEX 5.0.2 patch was applied.
- This is is a new 5.0 instance created with Oracle 11g 220.127.116.11 Standard Edition. No changes have been made.
- APEX_LISTENER_VERSION 18.104.22.168.14.15
- APEX_REST_PUBLIC_USER and APEX_LISTENER are created and active and the password has been verified.
- Image can be seen with direct URL: https://22.214.171.124/ords/wwv_flow_file_mgr.get_file?p_security_group_id=5362207871971691&p_flow_id=1000&p_fname=LOGINLOGO.jpg (4.2.6 syntax).
- The equivalent URL using 5.0.x syntax fails with an ORDS ORA-1017 failure:
Created a new 11gR2 Standard Edition instance on Database as a Service. The previous instance was Enterprise Edition.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms