FA: SCM: Pricing:ER: Define Discount Lists by Product/Item Category
(Doc ID 2168315.1)
Last updated on DECEMBER 01, 2020
Applies to:Oracle Fusion Order Management Cloud Service - Version 18.104.22.168.0 and later
Oracle Fusion Pricing - Version 22.214.171.124.0 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
***KM Review - Aug 2017 - Checked for Relevance***
When attempting to define discounts using product/item category. The product category name field is greyed out in the Manage Discount Lists UI.
The categories have been defined in PIM and yet in the Manage Discount Lists UI the category is not available. Customers have a requirement to define discounts using the categories defined in Product Information Management (PIM).
The issue can be reproduced by executing the following steps:
1. Navigate to Product Information Management.
2. Create a catalog.
3 Create a category and assign it as the default category for this catalog.
4. Assign the catalog to the chosen functional area.
5. Select the Manage Default Catalogs task in the Setup and Maintenance work area, edit a functional area, then select a catalog name.
6. Log in to Oracle Fusion Pricing with the Pricing Manager job role, and then, in the Navigator, click Pricing Administration.
7. On the Overview page, click Tasks, and then click Manage Discount Lists.
8. On the Manage Discount List page, click Actions, and then click Create.
9. In the Create Discount List dialog, set the following values
Item Level : Product category
Name : Greyed out
It is not possible to select the a Product Category
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document