Running Database Queries As The PX Reporting User Without Calling Secpac Returns All Data
Last updated on OCTOBER 05, 2017
Applies to:Primavera P6 Enterprise Project Portfolio Management - Version 8.0 and later
Primavera P6 Enterprise Project Portfolio Management Cloud Service - Version 22.214.171.124 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
- How to include user level security when running direct queries against the database to gather PX data?
The query 'select * from p6project;' run as the PX Reporting User (default name pxrptuser) returns all data.
The query should not produce any data because 'secpac.set_user' is not called.
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
- Open SQL Developer or TOAD
- Login in using the PX Reporting User (Example: "PXRPTUSER")
- Run the query: select * from p6projects;
- The query returns all data in the table
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms