Excel: <pre> HTML Tags Do Not Export as Line Breaks
(Doc ID 2328802.1)
Last updated on FEBRUARY 04, 2019
Applies to:Oracle Taleo Platform Cloud Service - Reporting for OBI - Version 15B and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
When overriding the default data type in Column Properties to use a Custom Text Format for <pre> tags, the Excel 2007+ export does not contain line breaks.
See below for steps to reproduce:
1. In the report/analysis, drop-down on the right side of the text column (ex. Requisition Description) and select Column Properties
2. In the Column Properties window, select the Data Format tab
3. Check the box to Override Default Data Format
4. Drop-down next to Treat Text As and select Custom Text Format
5. Add the following to the Custom Text Format box:
6. Select the OK button to exit Column Properties
Run the report/analysis and select to export to Excel 2007+. In the export, any page breaks in the column text will be replaced with a space.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document