Fusion Global HR: Termination And Reverse Termination Line Manager Relationship
Last updated on JANUARY 02, 2018
Applies to:Oracle Fusion Global Human Resources Cloud Service - Version 184.108.40.206.0 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
On : 220.127.116.11.0 version, Global Human Resources
Termination and Reverse Termination Line Manager Relationship
In Manager Self-Service, a line manager will submit a termination. If the termination was incorrect or needs to be reversed the HR Specialist will then reverse the termination. After the reverse termination is complete, when selecting the employee in Person Management (as the HR Specialist), the line manager will be listed in the mange employment tab. That line manager is the manager before the termination was completed. However, the line manager who has that reverse terminated employee as a direct report, will not be able to see that person in their “My Team” area until an HR Specialist has completed a manager change to the same manager. When completing a manage employment transaction, the approval goes to that manager.
Once reverse termination completes, the direct report should be seen in "My Team"
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1. As a Line Manager, go to My Team and terminate an employee
2. When that employee is terminated, log is as an HR Specialist and reverse the termination
3. Go back to home screen (as HR Specialist), then select that employee through Person Management
4. Scroll down through the Manage Employment Tab to see that the line manager is listed as the manager prior to the termination
5. Log in as the Line Manager of that employee. Note that the employee is not located in My Team.
6. Log in as the HR Specialist and perform a manage employment transaction on that employee
7. After the transaction is complete, the approval will go to that line manager
8. Log in as the line manager of that employee, you will have the approval notification for that employee but the manager relationship will still not show up so that the manager can transact on their employee.
9. Only when you change the manager back to the same manager listed will the employee show up.
The issue has the following business impact:
Due to this issue, HR Specialist has to complete a manager change after reverse termination so that the Manager will see the person in their "My Team".
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms