Unable To Release Manually Created Planned Order For Contract Manufacturing Make Item
Last updated on APRIL 12, 2018
Applies to:Oracle Fusion Planning Central Cloud Service - Version 18.104.22.168.0 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
User is unable to release a Manually Created Planned Order for a Contract Manufacturing make Item.
Planned Orders which are manually created in Planning Central for a Contract Manufacturer cannot be released to create work orders.
The Release Status shows Ineligible when the Plan is saved and the following Release Error is shown: "To mark work orders or planned orders for release, a work definition must be defined"
Note: This item has been previously released successfully from a planned order that was generated from the Planning Forecast Engine.
Manually Created Planned Orders should be able to be marked for release to create work orders.
The issue can be reproduced with the following steps:
1. Navigate to Supply Chain Planning -> Planning Central
2. Open Right task pane and select Manage Plans
3. Search and Open desired Plan
4. Select Open -> Full Pane View
5. Search and Open Supplies and Demands Table
6. Select Actions -> Create
7. Select Order Type as Planned Order, fill in other requisite details, and select Ok
8. Select Order to be released
9. Select Actions -> Mark for Release
10. Save Plan
11. Select Action -> Release
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms