When Reassigning a Task to an Active User the Workflow Progress Preview Changes Historical Assignees
Last updated on JUNE 21, 2018
Applies to:Primavera Unifier Cloud Service - Version 17.1 and later
Primavera Unifier - Version 17.7 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
After a Unifier environment administrator sets a User to "Inactive" status, then uses the "Task Reassignment" node in User Administration to reassign the tasks listed from the Inactive user, when viewing the associated Business Process (BP) records the Workflow Progress displays new/differnt users in steps that have already been completed.
For example, "User A" is set to Inactive. The Administrator goes to the Project/Shell where this "User A" has assigned tasks. In the User Administration node, Task Reassignment page, All of "User A" tasks are reassigned to "User B". When the Administrator then goes to view one of the Business Process records associated with one of these reassigned tasks, the Workflow Progress window is displayed in the Standard View. The "Creator" of the record is no longer "User A" but has now changed to "User B". If the Audit Log for this BP record is viewed, it still shows the original creator of the record User A. So this seems to be an apparent discrepancy.
Customer expectation was that the Workflow Progress pane would should the same "historical" Assignees and not update the Assignees for past events to the newly assigned task owner.
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
- Log into the Unifier environment.
- Navigate to Company Workspace > Admin Mode > User Administration > Company Users > Select "User A" > Set User to "Inactive" status.
- Navigate to a Project/Shell where "User A" had assigned tasks or had processed ANY workflow type BP through some of its tasks.
- Go to Admin Mode > User Administration > Task Reassignment Node.
- If "User A" had processed any Task in any BP record in that Shell, or had an Active Task, then there will be at least one Task to be reassigned. We'll call a sample record that has a task to be reassigned, ABC-0001.
- Select the Task(s) for that user and reassign them to "User B".
- Navigate to the BP log page where record "ABC-0001" is displayed in the Standard View.
- Highlight the record and click on the "Workflow Progress" view in the right pane.
- Note that the BP record Creation step is now displaying "User B" although "User B" didn't actually create the record, "User A" did.
- If you open the record and view the Audit Log, it shows "User A" as the creator.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms