When Reassigning a Task the Workflow Progress Preview Changes Historical Assignees
(Doc ID 2407345.1)
Last updated on AUGUST 13, 2021
Applies to:Primavera Unifier Cloud Service - Version 17.1 and later
Primavera Unifier - Version 17.7 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
After a Unifier environment administrator uses the "Task Reassignment" node in User Administration to reassign the tasks listed from the any user, Active and Inactive, when viewing the associated Business Process (BP) records the Workflow Progress displays new/different users in steps that have already been completed.
Example: The Administrator goes to the Project/Shell where "User A" has assigned tasks. In the User Administration node, Task Reassignment page, all of "User A" tasks are reassigned to "User B". When the Administrator then goes to view one of the Business Process records associated with one of these reassigned tasks, the Workflow Progress window no longer shows "User A" in the previously visited steps and instead "User B" shows. If the Audit Log for this BP record is viewed, it still shows the original assignee of the step within the record as "User A". So this seems to be an apparent discrepancy.
Customer expectation was that the Workflow Progress pane would show the same "historical" assignees and not update the assignees for past events to the newly assigned task owner.
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
- Log into the Unifier environment.
- Navigate to a Project/Shell where "User A" had assigned tasks or had processed ANY workflow type BP through some of its tasks.
- Go to Admin Mode > User Administration > Task Reassignment Node.
- If "User A" had processed any Task in any BP record in that Shell, or had an Active Task, then there will be at least one Task to be reassigned. We'll call a sample record that has a task to be reassigned, ABC-0001.
- Select the Task(s) for that user and reassign them to "User B".
- Navigate to the BP log page where record "ABC-0001" is displayed in the Standard View.
- Highlight the record and click on the "Workflow Progress" view in the right pane.
- Note that the previously visited steps are now displaying "User B" although "User B" didn't actually take action at that step, "User A" did.
- If you open the record and view the Audit Log, it shows "User A" as the assignee to the step.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document