GoldenGate Deployment for Oracle Transportation and Global Trade Management Cloud (OTM)
(Doc ID 2497511.1)
Last updated on DECEMBER 13, 2023
Oracle Global Trade Intelligence Cloud Service - Version 18 and later Oracle GoldenGate - Version 220.127.116.11.2 and later Oracle Customs Management Cloud Service - Version 18 and later Oracle Logistics Inventory Visibility Cloud Service Oracle Global Trade Management Cloud Service - Version 18 and later Information in this document applies to any platform.
OTM SaaS Cloud provides various methods to extract data from external sources: XML, CSV, REST and DB.XML. If you are performing external reporting or business intelligence and need to populate an external database for SQL access, you can purchase the Oracle OCI GoldenGate Marketplace license and request via SR to have that connected to the Transportation and Global Trade Management Cloud. This solution replicates the key data from the Transportation and Global Trade Management Cloud database to an external database, either in the Oracle Cloud or on premise. This replication is for reporting purposes only and should not be used for integration or custom applications.
Use this document to prepare your environment to receive data from a Transportation and Global Trade Management Cloud database through a GoldenGate interface after you log an SR.
OTM/OGG on OCI Marketplace - High Level Architectural Diagram
Requirements for Target
Below software, features, and environment are required for customers' target servers. Please reference the architectural diagram in this document.
1. Target database requirements: a) must be running on Oracle database Enterprise Edition High Performance 19c or above b) must be new and dedicated to Goldengate replication and no other functionality can be hosted c) can be either standalone or plugable database d) must have the license for the Oracle Partitioning e) must have the license for the Oracle Edition f) database must be in ASM. Otherwise, the client must plan to manage tablespace level DDLs such as CREATE/ALTER tablespace ...
2. Target should be OCI Oracle Goldengate Marketplace Microservices instance or Oracle Golden Gate Service 3. Target NGINX Reverse Proxy Server should be receiving traffic on port 443 4. No custom certificates are allowed on target 5. Certificates must exist on target NGINX default directory 6. The customer must use the target replication parameters, and not change the configuration and parameters without OTM approval 7. Target Receiver Server authentication should be validated by customer before submitting OTM Goldengate service request 8. No change is allowed in target Goldengate after deployment without OTM support approval 9. OTM needs mininum 500GB of disk space for trail file location in target Goldengate server to prevent outages. 10. Reserved and permanent public IP address is required for the target Goldengate server 11. Network requirements: a) The Receiving server should be able to directly receive the communication from Oracle Gateway server b) OTM Golden Gate Software should be able to directly reach the NGINX server, no middle layers are allowed (Web Application Firewall, Web Gateways, Cloud Load Balancers, etc.)
12. OTM does support Oracle GoldenGate Cloud Service (GGS) for the target servers. 13. OTM does not support on-premise GoldenGate and database target servers.
14. NGINX server and GoldenGate server need to be on the same VM, same as in OCI GoldenGate Markeplace VM.
15. NGINX server and GoldenGate server should be installed on Linux.
Your Data Integrator should work with your DBA and Network Managers.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!