GenericSoapPort Service Returning Wrong Search Results For UCM Files
(Doc ID 2541761.1)
Last updated on FEBRUARY 18, 2020
Applies to:Oracle Fusion Product Hub Cloud Service - Version 11.13.19.04.0 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
After patching , when user's invoke the GenericSoapPort service the response for the search criteria say's there are 11 files on the UCM server. Administrators confirmed by logging onto the UCM server the files do not exist. These files were already deleted.
Users expect accurate results.
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1. Apply patches for 19B upgrade to 11.13.19.04.0.
2. Fusion Applications creates a file and uploads to UCM via through the ESS Standard Item Publication job.
3. Notice the ESS job runs properly after upgrade.
4. The files are created in UCM but can not be searched via the soap request GenericSoapPort Web Service GET_SEARCH_RESULTS.
5. New files created by the ESS job after patching appear in UCM and can be download.
6. Log onto Content Management and search for files on the UCM UI . Notice the number of items found is the same as the soap request search results. References for files that were deleted from the UCM server display in the search results. The new files do not show in the UCM UI search results.
7. Click on an id in UCM Content Manager to see content information and get an error like "error Content server request failed . The content item 'UCMFA00194993 (193465) no longer exists in the system". This file was already deleted.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document