A New Item MPN Relationship Creation Fails As The System Is Validating Against An Existing Item Already Mapped To That MPN
(Doc ID 2579562.1)
Last updated on SEPTEMBER 02, 2019
Applies to:Oracle Fusion Product Hub Cloud Service - Version 11.13.19.04.0 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Item Import: System is validating the existing relationship of an Item with a Manufacturer Part Number, and fails to create a new Item that needs to be mapped with the same MPN
This issue is happening during Data Quality process of item import.
When trying to import a new item with a manufacturer part, which is already associated with a different item through trading partner item relationship, the data quality process is matching the new item with an existing item (with same manufacturer part in trading partner relationship)
Any number of Items should get mapped to one Manufacturer part to create the Trading Partner relationship
Below is how this scenario can be simulated. The data is loaded into interface table through Item Batch Maintenance process.
1. Create Batch
2. Load item interface table for an Item Number
3. Load trading partner item table with a new Manufacturer Part
4. Load trading partner relationship table to create relationship between Item and MPN
5. Submit batch to run item import
Outcome: Item and MPN are created. Trading Partner Relationship of type Manufacturer is created between Item and MPN
1. Create Batch
2. Load item interface table for another Item Number
3. Load trading partner relationship table to create relationship between this second Item and MPN
4. Submit batch to run item import
Outcome: This Item is NOT created, and the above first item is being replaced as verified in the interface table
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document