Unable To Delete View Only Records
(Doc ID 2683372.1)
Last updated on JANUARY 27, 2021
Applies to:Oracle Transportation Management Cloud Service - Version 20.1 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Customer Unable to Delete View Only Records .They have some restriction to make few objects NON_EDITABLE based on certain discussed attribute_value. It has been done through VPD.
While, trying to delete those records, we are getting an error of- "Edit or delete not attempted on viewed element"
Steps to Reproduce
1) Created VPD Profile with below predicates.
Table Name Predicate External Predicate Access
ORDER_RELEASE order_release_gid like '%DELETE%' Delete
ORDER_RELEASE 1=1 Read
ORDER_RELEASE order_release_gid like '%UPDATE%' Update
2) Assigned this VPD Profile to Custom User role
3) Assigned this Role to User.
4) Login as Corresponding user and switch to user role.
5) Create two order UPDATE_ORDER and DELETE_ORDER using below navigation.
Order Management-->Order Release-->Order Release--
6) Try to Edit the Order : UPDATE_ORDER and able to do successfully
but only able to view DELETE_ORDER
7) Try to Delete the Order DELETE_ORDER unable to do so. Below is the error message.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document