Hide/Show filters In Narrative Tab On Data Visualization Project Not Working
(Doc ID 2693336.1)
Last updated on JULY 28, 2020
Applies to:Oracle Analytics Cloud - Classic - Version 105.6.0 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
On creating more than one visualization in a canvas using a common dimension and different filter criteria.
When canvas is placed on the narrate workspace and trying to hide/show these filters does not work. It is because the filter have the same name,
and so the hide of the first filter works, then hiding the second, the relative check-box gets unchecked, but the filter is still visible on the visualization.
Steps to Reproduce:-
- Select a measure (e.g.: Revenue) to create the first visualization (e.g. Performance Tile, but can be any type)
- Drag a dimensional field as a filter LOCAL to the visualization (e.g. Category in Product Dimension) and filter by one value (e.g. Meals)
- Duplicate the visualization
- Modify the value selected in the filter of the second visualization (e.g. from Meals to Drinks)
- Go to the narrate section and drag the canvas just created
- Select the filters icon in the middle of the left pane
- Try to hide (deselect) the (category) filter on one visualization: it should work (i.e.: in the visualization, the text describing the filter should be hidden)
- Try to do the same with the second: it should leave the situation as before (so only one visualization with the filter hidden)
- Try to click again (select) on one of the two filters: they show both as selected and both the visualizations have the filter displayed (not hidden).
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document