Parent Invoice Approval With Credit Note Failed Due to Considering The Child Invoice Cost
(Doc ID 2714413.1)
Last updated on JANUARY 27, 2021
Applies to:Oracle Freight Payment, Billing and Claims Cloud Service - Version 20.2 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Parent Invoice Approval with Credit Note Failed due to Considering The Child Invoice Cost.
When trying to approve the Parent Invoice. The scenario is that the Parent Invoice differs from the Shipments cost so initially it is correct that OTM do not approve it.
Next step is to use in the child invoice the action "Reject Invoice" and then, to the matched shipment the Shipment Action "Invoice Adjustment Cost". The result is the creation on a new Invoice (credit note) having a cost equal to the difference between the Parent Invoice and the shipment. Then manually assign the created credit note to the parent invoice with the Invoice action "Add Child Invoice to Consolidation". At this point, the parent Invoice has the same price as the shipment so we expect OTM to approve it. When we approve again the Parent Invoice, OTM gives me a FAILED result. Looking at the logs it is like it is double counting the Child Invoice Cost. Attached more detailed information
STEPS TO REPRODUCE
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1. Parent Invoice Action ->Financials -> Invoice -> Approve Invoice
2. The result is the Un-Approved Invoice because Shipment Cost and Invoice
Parent Cost differs more than 1%
3. Child Invoice Action -> Financials -> Invoice -> Reject Invoice
4. Go to Related Shipment -> Shipment Action -> Financials -> Invoice -> Invoice
5. A Credit Note Invoice is create with 10€ cost
6. Action on Created credit note -> Financials -> Invoice -> Add Child Invoice to
Consolidation (Select the Parent invoice previous created)
7. Parent Invoice Action -> Financials -> Invoice -> Approve Invoice
8. The Result in «FAILED» * Not correct
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document