Shared Power Units Are Getting Assigned To All Shipments Though Feasible Calendar Permits
(Doc ID 2714658.1)
Last updated on MARCH 12, 2021
Applies to:Oracle Transportation Management Cloud Service - Version 20.2 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Shared Power Units between drivers was setup. OTM will not assign a power unit to more than one driver when Optimize driver assignment is run. If a power unit is manually assigned to a driver, OTM produces the error That the Power Unit is Already Associated to a Driver. Details of the setup and producing the error are in the attached document.
Steps to replicate the issue
1. Create two drivers of DEFAULT Type
2. Create and assigned two Calendars of two shifts (First Calendar 12:00 am to 11:59 am & Second Calendar 12:00 noon to 11:59 pm) and assigned one Home location for both drivers.
3. Create and Assign to Driver one Power Unit and Equipment ID
4. Create two order releases using locations
First Order is setup to be picked and delivered in first calendar shift for driver1 Early Pickup Date for example 2020-04-30 02:35:00 , Late Delivery Date for example 2020-04-30 10:35:00, Second Order is setup to picked and delivered in second calendar shift for driver2 Early Pickup Date 2020-04-30 14:38:00 , Late Delivery Date 2020-04-30 18:38:00
5. Plan both the orders on two shipments
When Optimize driver assignment is optimized, power unit is assigned to only 1 shipment. When manually try to assign power unit, it fails with the below error:
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document