Object Level Security Applied On RPD Presentation Column Is Not Applied When A Data Set Is Created In DV And Shared With Read/Write Access To Another User
(Doc ID 2716846.1)
Last updated on OCTOBER 06, 2020
Applies to:Oracle Analytics Cloud - Classic - Version 105.6.0 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Security applied on RPD presentation column is not reflecting when a data set created in DV and the data set is shared with read/write access to another user.
Steps to Reproduce:-
- User 1 is assigned BI Content Author Role.
- User 2 is assigned BI Service Administrator Role.
- In the RPD file, for a presentation folder, provided read/write access to only the BIServiceAdministrator application role. For all other application roles, no access given.
- Logged in to DV as User 2.
- Created a data set using the local subject area.
- In data set, selected columns from the presentation folder that is restricted to User 1.
- Saved data set and queried the results. For User 2 Both the columns show up data. This is expected behaviour.
- Provided read-write access to the data set for User 1.
- Logged in to DV as User 1.
- Opened the data set and can see the column/data that was restricted for the application role associated to User 1.
- This is an issue.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document