An Auto-Sequence Project Number Is Not Populating Into New Projects Created Via Project Creation Business Process
(Doc ID 2732884.1)
Last updated on DECEMBER 23, 2020
Applies to:Primavera Unifier Cloud Service - Version 18.104.22.168 to 22.214.171.124 [Release 19.12]
Primavera Unifier - Version 126.96.36.199 to 188.8.131.52 [Release 19.12]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Project number sequences are not populating into the Project Shell Detail form in the production environment, however this same functionality seems to be working as expected in the stage environment. When using a Project Creation BP to create a new Project/Shell, the expectation is that a specific number sequence will be generated and populated into the "Project Number" field in the Project Shell Details. This has been configured in the setup so that the number sequence can be reset back to 0000. Thus, at the beginning of a fiscal year the number will be <Fiscal Year><number sequence beginning with 0000> or 20190000 for example. Recently when it was reset to 0000 it worked as expected in Stage, but not in Production, the project number continued to increase in production with the prior fiscal year in the first four digits.
After resetting the number sequence to 0000, new Project/Shells created via Project Initiations BP should be getting Project Number of <fiscal year><0000>.
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
- Unifier Administrator resets the numbering sequence for Project/Shells numbering to 0000 in Stage and Production.
- Log into Production environment.
- Navigate to Company Workspace > User Mode > Company Level Business Process log > ProjectCreateBP > +Create to create a new record.
- Fill in the remainder of the required fields and click ‘Submit’.
- A new Project/Shell is created with a Project Number, but it is not in the expected sequence... the new project # is just the next number in the sequence from the prior fiscal year.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document