Back To Back Orders Have Negative Available To Reserve Quantity
(Doc ID 2739634.1)
Last updated on JANUARY 03, 2021
Applies to:Oracle Fusion Inventory Management Cloud Service - Version 22.214.171.124.0 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
On Fusion Inventory Management:126.96.36.199.0
When attempting to complete a back to back sales order, the following issue occurs.
The work order has been completed and the on hand inventory is incremented, however the shipment for the sales order goes into backordered status when attempting to pick release.
Within inventory, the available to reserve is displaying incorrectly both at the organization and subinventory level.
-- Expected Behaviour
The customer expects to be able successfully ship the back to back sales order after the work order is completed.
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps.
1. Create a back to back sales order and submit it.
2. Sales order creates supply order to create a work order
3. Complete the work order for the finished good and generate lot number for this item.
4. Submit the pick release.
5. Pick release completes in warning.
6. Navigate to Supply Chain Execution > Inventory Management > Task List > Inventory > Manage Item Quantities
7. Search for the item, in inventory organization.
8. Click on 'View Item Availability'
9. See 'Available to Reserve' quantity is negative.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document