PRC:PO: Default Buyer Assignment fails with error: "The value of the attribute Default Buyer isn't valid"
(Doc ID 2740535.1)
Last updated on MARCH 12, 2021
Applies to:Oracle Fusion Purchasing Cloud Service - Version 11.13.20.01.0 and later
Oracle Fusion Purchasing - Version 22.214.171.124.0 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Default Buyer Operational Attribute is set to be controlled at Master Level in Setup and maintenance -> Manage Operational Attributes Group
All required setup to have an agent available to be assigned as a Default Buyer on an item in PIM have been done
(creating a procurement agent, creating a buyer assignment rule, making sure the Procurement BU is linked to the Inventory Org, etc)
Steps to reproduce issue:
1. Default Buyer Attribute is controlled at Master level;
2. Master Item A and create an association with InvOrg1 - while Default Buyer is null in master, association is created successfully;
2. Trying to set the Default Buyer on Master will fail if a buyer assignment rule has not been defined for the inv org;
3. Creating the rule then trying to assign a Default Buyer on Master results in a successful assignation which propagates to the child org as well - all
good so far;
4. If you then create a new buyer assignment rule(for a second inv org) and try to create a new association (with this second inv org) while Default Buyer remains set on Master as per step3, we're getting an error in PIM that Default Buyer is not valid.
Default Buyer Assignment fails with error: "The value of the attribute Default Buyer isn't valid."
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document