FA: SCM: OM: How are Sales Order Lines Impacted where Purchase Order (PO) Quantity is Decreased for a PO that is Created from a Back To Back Buy Flow?
(Doc ID 2760333.1)
Last updated on MAY 12, 2021
Applies to:Oracle Fusion Order Management Cloud Service - Version 11.13.21.01.0 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
This note describes the impact of decreasing a the Purchase Order (PO) quantity for a PO created using the Back to BAck (B2B) Buy flow.
This is illustrated by the example:
1. User creates a sales order with a back to back buy flow QTY 2 with allow split Y.
2. PO is approved automatically.
3. PO is generated.
4. Sales order is in awaiting shipping.
5. User changes PO to qty 1, this has not impact on the Sales Order Line.
6. Supply details for the order shows one line for goods unavailable and one with awaiting supply.
7. An error is reported on the Supply Chain Order.
Is this the expected behavior that sales order line should have? no change in qty and status awaiting shipping?
Or should the status of the line changed to Manual Scheduling required?
Or should the sales order line should be split into 2 lines qty1 one with manual schedule and the other in awaiting status.
At what moment this change will happen? Does user need to complete the PO?
Compare this with a drop ship sales order. If the drop ship PO qty is amended then the sales order line splits and shows the correct/revised Qty to ship and the additional not needed qty with a status of 'Manual Scheduling required'.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document