Copy Project Jobs Stay in Pending or Running for a Long Time or Fail with "IO Error: socket read interrupted"
(Doc ID 2765544.1)
Last updated on MAY 06, 2021
Applies to:Primavera P6 Enterprise Project Portfolio Management Cloud Service - Version 22.214.171.124 to 126.96.36.199 [Release 19.12 to 20.12]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Any one of these symptoms is indicative of this issue.
- When attempting to copy a project, the following error occurs.
- IO Error: Socket Read Interrupted.
- When try to copy a project (from P6 Professional or P6 Web), the job takes hours to complete. After the copy project job completed, all the project and global activity codes are missing.
- All references to "PAPP_NAME := SYS_CONTEXT('USERENV','CLIENT_PROGRAM_NAME');" within PRM_PAUDIT.PRM_USER have the potential to set PAPP_NAME to a value larger than 25 characters when the SYSTEM_MONITOR/DATA_MONITOR procedures run from oracle's DBMS_SCHEDULER. This will cause hundreds, thousands, or even multiple rows, per execution of SYSTEM_MONITOR/DATA_MONITOR, to be written to the DBERRLOG table with error code ORA-06502: PL/SQL: numeric or value error: character string buffer too small.
- Multiple copy/paste and create baseline jobs have been stuck in Running or Pending status for 40+ minutes.
- The job service server was down. After restarting job service, the issue persists.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!