TCC & WS: Import Creates New Candidate Even Though Mandatory Information Is Missing
(Doc ID 2774252.1)
Last updated on MAY 10, 2021
Applies to:Oracle Taleo Recruiting Cloud Service - Version 20B and later
Oracle Taleo Platform Cloud Service - Connect - Version 20B and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
TCC and Taleo Web Services API (WS) imports that create new Candidates complete successfully, even if the record being imported does not include values for mandatory fields.
Configure a candidate field to be required.
1. Log into the relevant zone, go to Configuration > Taleo Recruiting Administration > Candidate Fields > Candidate Field - Email Address
2. Click "Edit Field availability" next to Properties
3. Under "Show Standard Fields" check the first 3 options
4. Under "Content Required" select "Required for Saving"
5. Under "Security" select "General"
Now if you try to create a candidate in UI it won't let you, returning an error that says the email address is mandatory.
1. Recruiting > Submissions
2. More Actions > Create New Candidate
3. Create new candidate (General Profile)
4. Create Candidate Profile DO NOT MODIFY (the other option is Create Quick Profile DO NOT MODIFY)
5. Enter values except for email address, leave that blank
Result: Error Message - The following fields must be filled before the Candidate is saved: Email Address
1. Open TCC, create new Import. Use Product Recruiting 17.4, entity Candidate, and operation merge.
2. Add Column EmailAddress, "Use the value to search or lookup" checked, with Target "Candidate". "Also set this value in the entity" checked.
3. Add Column FirstName, add column LastName
4. Generate a sample CSV file, open the CSV data file. Set values for first and last name. Leave Email address empty
5. Create Config file using this import's script and data file.
6. Run the import
RESULT: The Candidate is created with success with no email address. Yet in Recruiting, a user is not able to create the new Candidate without also including a value for email address.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document