Not Able To Use SOAP/REST API With SSO User In OAC Environment, Fails With Error "Failed to log into BI Publisher: invalid username or password"
(Doc ID 2878689.1)
Last updated on JUNE 30, 2022
Applies to:Oracle Analytics Cloud - Version January 2022 (6.4) and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
As per the requirement, need to extract data out of OAC(Oracle Analytics Cloud) using rest or soap service.
/Field Service/Field Activity Report.xdo
Both SOAP and rest calls in OAC were failing for Run Report Service, where the user was able to login from UI
1. Have OAC environment configured with SSO (Single Sign-On security)
2. Under Developer's guide for Oracle Business Intelligence Publisher -> In Chapter "1.2 Accessing the WSDLs" under "Introduction to BI Publisher webservices"
Use, ReportService- v2/ReportService. This is the report service
Replace the host and port as per the environment
3. Create a SOAP Request in SOAPUI tool
Use the above wsdl file
4. Navigate to 'Run Report' Method
Expand it to view the 'Request1' and double click on it
There will be lot of attributes in this wsdl, in which not all of them required, few of them are required and most of them are optional. Kept few of them required such as
5. Modify the userID and password as per
Refer the attached screenshot "SOAPUI_CONTENT", this has details on what are all required
6. Path should be like /foldername/reportname.xdo/, and replace the userID and password as per your environments
Report Name is cases sensitive. The result will be sent is base 64 encoding, for which you have to use base 64 decoder
7. Test execution
Fails with error
Further reviewing the bipublisher.log, shows below specific errors
[BISecurity] [oracle.bi.security.auth.AuthenticateUserAction::run] [OBI-SEC-00020] The specified user credentials could not be authenticated.[[
Caused by: javax.security.auth.login.LoginException: OBI-SEC-00020
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document