EDI855 Batch Process Fails And Does Not Stage Reject Files
(Doc ID 2885367.1)
Last updated on JULY 26, 2022
Applies to:Oracle Retail Merchandising Foundation Cloud Service - Version NA and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
When EDI855 process fails, sometimes the rejected files are not staged in the directory and we lose visibility of the file and the error reason. We also need guidance from oracle on the following:
1. file is staged by EDI Trading Partner using file name "edidlinv_01202022_001"
2. oracle process renames this file (IM_INJECT_REQUEST table) as "edidlinv_20220120112815.dat"
3. how to match the inbound file name with the oracle file name?
We need to know:
1. EDI trading partner sends EDI855 with errors (eg. invalid TSHIP etc ...). I realize that there should not be errors; but stuff happens
2. the file staged by EDI trading partner is ediupack_NNNNN.dat
3. the above file might have multiple acknowledgements in same file
4. oracle batch ediupack picks up file and I think renames it
5. file is processed
6. if it aborts, there is no reject file copied over to the expected path
7. if it errors without major issues, a reject file is written. at this point we cannot really determine which file is in error for which reason as the logging does not seem to be consistent. the file name appears only once at the start of the process. why cant the filename be part of the error mesage? is it?
Having a hard time matching reject files with the order or file name.
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1. trading partner sends file that contains eventual errors in oracle
2. edi855 batch runs and fails
3. reject files are not zipped and sent to specified folder
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document