White Spaces Are Added when Inserting Data from Fixed Format File to Database Using ODI 184.108.40.206.0
(Doc ID 2904312.1)
Last updated on AUGUST 18, 2023
Applies to:Oracle Data Integrator on Marketplace - Version 220.127.116.11.200123 and later
Oracle Data Integrator - Version 18.104.22.168.0 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Using Oracle Data Integrator (ODI) release 22.214.171.124.x and loading data from file to Oracle in a mapping.
If a fixed format file with a column of 6 character is loaded, and the attribute value is set to 20 characters, ODI will insert 20 characters, adding 14 blank spaces.
This was not observed in ODI 126.96.36.199 where there were no blank spaces added when loading files format files.
- Create a fixed file data server and model
- Make sure that one of the fixed file format columns has column size set to 20 characters
- Create a file that only has 6 characters for the same column of actual data, and fill the rest of the 14 characters with blank spaces
- Create a mapping loading fixed file format to Oracle
- Execute the mapping and look at the data loaded in the target table
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!