Excessive Random read Bursts on Storage Array due to Excessive Fragmentation
(Doc ID 1070465.1)
Last updated on DECEMBER 14, 2020
Applies to:Oracle Database - Enterprise Edition - Version 18.104.22.168 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
- Excessive random read bursts are seen on storage array
- Top wait event is 'direct path read'
- Information from the storage array itself indicates that this is performing ok.
- From AWR reports the i/o time on disks are high.
- High levels of throughput from large queries doing Full Table Scans (important).
- No individual query is particularly slow compared to others
- Comparison between Test and Production show similar load
Database files were cloned at the operating system level from one machine to another with files being copied simultaneously.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document