ORA-01115 ORA-01110 ORA-27091 ORA-27072 Errors occur intermittently
(Doc ID 1083269.1)
Last updated on FEBRUARY 02, 2022
Applies to:Oracle Database - Enterprise Edition - Version 10.2.0.1 to 220.127.116.11 [Release 10.2 to 11.1]
Oracle Database Cloud Schema Service - Version N/A and later
Oracle Database Exadata Cloud Machine - Version N/A and later
Oracle Cloud Infrastructure - Database Service - Version N/A and later
Oracle Database Backup Service - Version N/A and later
HP IA64 HPUNIX
HP-UX PA-RISC (64-bit)
- You can face this issue in either RAC or non RAC environment.
- The errors reported you are facing match with the following ORA errors:
The block, data file and 'Addional information' will will depend on your database so it will be different than this example.
Notice there is no OS error reported.
- If you are running a client application you could see the errors in the client application log and not in the alert log file.
- The error is reported intermittently and it's not easy to reproduce. Also there isn't a corruption associated with this issue.
- Your OS log file ('syslog') does not show evidence of any problem related to this issue and you or your SA do not find issues with the storage either.
- Some other important patterns found are that you may be running with RAW files and, this is very important, with ASYNC disabled (disk_async_io = FALSE).
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document