Last updated on DECEMBER 06, 2016
Applies to:Oracle Database - Enterprise Edition - Version 10.2.0.1 to 18.104.22.168 [Release 10.2 to 11.1]
HP IA64 HPUNIX
HP-UX PA-RISC (64-bit)
***Checked for relevance on 01-Jul-2016***
- You can face this issue in either RAC or non RAC environment.
- The errors reported you are facing match with the following ORA errors:
ERROR at line 2:
ORA-01115: IO error reading block from file 1053 (block # 32937)
ORA-01110: data file 1053: '/oradata/PR1/data/d03_hdr.dbf'
ORA-27091: unable to queue I/O
ORA-27072: File I/O error
Additional information: 4
Additional information: 32921
Additional information: 57344
The block, data file and 'Addional information' will will depend on your database so it will be different than this example.
Notice there is no OS error reported.
- If you are running a client application you could see the errors in the client application log and not in the alert log file.
- The error is reported intermittently and it's not easy to reproduce. Also there isn't a corruption associated with this issue.
- Your OS log file ('syslog') does not show evidence of any problem related to this issue and you or your SA do not find issues with the storage either.
- Some other important patterns found are that you may be running with RAW files and, this is very important, with ASYNC disabled (disk_async_io = FALSE).
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms