'APPLIED'-Column not updated if Heartbeat-ARCH hangs
(Doc ID 1369630.1)
Last updated on FEBRUARY 01, 2022
Applies to:Oracle Database - Enterprise Edition - Version 126.96.36.199 to 188.8.131.52 [Release 9.2 to 11.2]
Oracle Database Cloud Schema Service - Version N/A and later
Gen 1 Exadata Cloud at Customer (Oracle Exadata Database Cloud Machine) - Version N/A and later
Oracle Cloud Infrastructure - Database Service - Version N/A and later
Oracle Database Cloud Exadata Service - Version N/A and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
*** Reviewed the relevance on March 26, 2013 ***
You most likely hit this Problem in the affected Versions if the following Symptoms are matching your Situation:
- Data Guard Environment with a Physical or Logical Standby Database in Place
- Log Transport and Log Apply Services appear to be up and running
- Even Data Guard Broker (if used) does not show any Errors
- RMAN does not delete ArchiveLogs on Primary Database although they have been successfully applied on the Standby Database (Typically RMAN-8120 is raised when it attempts to delete the Archive Log)
- When querying v$archived_log on the Primary Database we can find that the 'APPLIED' column does not get updated any more and still shows 'NO' for recent Archive Logs.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document