Last updated on OCTOBER 12, 2016
Applies to:Oracle Database - Enterprise Edition - Version 18.104.22.168 to 22.214.171.124 [Release 9.2 to 11.2]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
*** Reviewed the relevance on March 26, 2013 ***
***Checked for relevance on 10-Dec-2015***
You most likely hit this Problem in the affected Versions if the following Symptoms are matching your Situation:
- Data Guard Environment with a Physical or Logical Standby Database in Place
- Log Transport and Log Apply Services appear to be up and running
- Even Data Guard Broker (if used) does not show any Errors
- RMAN does not delete ArchiveLogs on Primary Database although they have been successfully applied on the Standby Database (Typically RMAN-8120 is raised when it attempts to delete the Archive Log)
- When querying v$archived_log on the Primary Database we can find that the 'APPLIED' column does not get updated any more and still shows 'NO' for recent Archive Logs.
In case you may want or need more about your current topic - please also access the Data Guard Community of Customers and Oracle Specialists directly via:
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms