Policy File is Missing for a 32-bit / 64-bit Installation of ODP.NET 126.96.36.199
(Doc ID 1375200.1)
Last updated on MARCH 04, 2022
Applies to:Oracle Data Provider for .NET - Version 188.8.131.52 to 184.108.40.206 [Release 11.2]
Microsoft Windows x64 (64-bit)
- Policy.2.102.Oracle.DataAccess 220.127.116.11 AMD64
- Policy.2.111.Oracle.DataAccess 18.104.22.168 AMD64
The policy files for the x86 (32-bit) version of DataAccess assembly are found to be missing after the installation of the 64-bit Oracle Client.
This can also occur if the order of the install is reversed and the x64 version of the DataAccess assembly may be missing after installing Oracle Client 32-bit when the policy dlls for 64-bit ODP.NET are removed from GAC_64.
Before the installation of 32-bit Oracle Client the GAC_64 has the following entries:
- Policy.2.102.Oracle.DataAccess AMD64
- Policy.2.111.Oracle.DataAccess AMD64
But after installation of 32-bit Oracle Client, GAC_64 has no policy dlls entry and only GAC_32 has the following entries:
- Policy.2.102.Oracle.DataAccess x86
- Policy.2.111.Oracle.DataAccess x86
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document