How to effectively use Block recovery with datafilecopy Option in Primary and Standby configuration when corruption is on Primary
Last updated on MARCH 26, 2018
Applies to:Oracle Database - Enterprise Edition - Version 10.2.0.1 to 22.214.171.124 [Release 10.2 to 12.1]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
- This Article is intended for users who have a Primary and Standby configuration and corruption has been reported on couple of blocks in a datafile.
- This document explains how to use datafile copy option in block recovery to do block recovery there by effectively saving time in applying lots of archivelogs .
- This document is intended for users where Downtime is not available and datafile restore/ recovery is not a option since file would have to be taken offline.
- A valid level0 or full backups are available but were taken few days/weeks backup and there are lots of archivelog that need to be applied for block recovery from these backups which might take days.
- Backups are on tape.
- Corruption are reported Only on Primary or Standby database but not on both and not on same data blocks.
- Both Primary and standby are in Sync or gap is less.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms