Baseline Plan Not Used by Non DBA User Due to View Merging Restrictions when "OPTIMIZER_SECURE_VIEW_MERGING" is True
(Doc ID 1485903.1)
Last updated on OCTOBER 23, 2019
Applies to:Oracle Database - Enterprise Edition - Version 188.8.131.52 and later
Oracle Database Cloud Schema Service - Version N/A and later
Oracle Database Exadata Express Cloud Service - Version N/A and later
Oracle Database Exadata Cloud Machine - Version N/A and later
Oracle Cloud Infrastructure - Database Service - Version N/A and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
- SQL Plan Management (SPM) baselines are enabled
- The baseline plan is not used when the baseline sql is executed by a non-DBA user
- Use of a different plan may result in performance issues
- Baseline plan merges a view but the view merge does not happen when executed by the non-DBA user
- Non-DBA user does not own the view in question
- Optimizer_secure_view_merging is TRUE
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document