How to Plan for Oracle Database Auditing
Last updated on OCTOBER 23, 2016
Applies to:Oracle Database - Enterprise Edition - Version 10.2.0.5 to 18.104.22.168 [Release 10.2 to 11.2]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Provide the reader with a planning guide for Oracle Database Auditing.
1) Why is auditing required on this system?
2) Where do the audit trail records need to be stored?
3) What data is NOT required to be captured?
4) What type of auditing will meet one's requirements?
5) Keep track of the auditing commands one executes.
6) Familiarize oneself with audit trail records and volumes.
7) Plan for retention of data and maintenance of the audit trail(s).
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms