How to Plan for Oracle Database Auditing
(Doc ID 1528166.1)
Last updated on NOVEMBER 10, 2021
Applies to:Oracle Cloud Infrastructure - Database Service - Version N/A and later
Gen 1 Exadata Cloud at Customer (Oracle Exadata Database Cloud Machine) - Version N/A and later
Oracle Database Backup Service - Version N/A and later
Oracle Database Exadata Express Cloud Service - Version N/A and later
Oracle Database Cloud Exadata Service - Version N/A and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Provide the reader with a planning guide for Oracle Database Auditing.
1) Why is auditing required on this system?
2) Where do the audit trail records need to be stored?
3) What data is NOT required to be captured?
4) What type of auditing will meet one's requirements?
5) Keep track of the auditing commands one executes.
6) Familiarize oneself with audit trail records and volumes.
7) Plan for retention of data and maintenance of the audit trail(s).
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document