ORA-27300, ORA-27301, ORA-27302 on AIX
Last updated on JULY 03, 2017
Applies to:Oracle Database - Enterprise Edition - Version 184.108.40.206 and later
IBM AIX on POWER Systems (64-bit)
***Checked for relevance on 03-July-2017***
Received following errors in alert log:
ORA-27300: OS system dependent operation:fork failed with status: 12
ORA-27301: OS failure message: Not enough space
ORA-27302: failure occurred at: skgpspawn3
- AIX server became unusable.
- OS commands such as ps returns malloc or fork errors.
- Can not connect to the database
- Command line hangs
- No Oracle or user process is using abnormal amount of memory.
- There are many defunct kernel processes
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms