ODA: WARNING the GI Upgrade Fails When Scan Listener Configured With Multiple Ports e.g. '1521/TCPS' is not a valid value for 'integer'
(Doc ID 2027081.1)
Last updated on FEBRUARY 04, 2020
Applies to:Oracle Database Appliance Software - Version 188.8.131.52 to 184.108.40.206 [Release 2.1 to 12.2]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
- Upgrades from multiple version of the including confirmed upgrades from ODA 2.x to 12.1.x
- Out-of-place upgrade (used in 2.10 and lower ) going to 220.127.116.11.0 and higher
- Can also be seen for 12.1 versions
- Requires Multiple ports used
- Almost always associated with TCPS and TCP port assignments
Grid Infrastructure (GI) upgrade in Oracle Database Appliance (ODA): if scan listener is configured with multiple ports (i.e. tcp and tcps both are configured), the upgrade fails with following error :
ERROR : Ran '/bin/su grid -c "/opt/oracle/oak/onecmd/tmp/gridconfig.sh"' and it returned code(255) and output is:
[FATAL] [INS-10105] The given response file /opt/oracle/oak/onecmd/tmp/grid.rsp is not valid.
CAUSE: Syntactically incorrect response file. Either unexpected variables are specified or expected variables are not specified in the response file.
ACTION: Refer the latest product specific response file template
- cvc-datatype-valid.1.2.1: '1521/TCPS' is not a valid value for 'integer'.
cvc-type.3.1.3: The value '1521/TCPS' of element 'oracle.install.crs.config.gpnp.scanPort' is not valid.
error at</bin/su grid -c "/opt/oracle/oak/onecmd/tmp/gridconfig.sh"> and errnum=<255>
ERROR : /bin/su grid -c "/opt/oracle/oak/onecmd/tmp/gridconfig.sh" did not complete successfully. Exit code 255 #Step -1#
Upgrading an ODA where the
- SCAN listeners are configured with 2 ports.
[grid@node1 ~]$ srvctl config scan_listener
SCAN Listener LISTENER_SCAN1 exists. Port: TCP:1521/TCPS:1522
SCAN Listener LISTENER_SCAN2 exists. Port: TCP:1521/TCPS:1522
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!