Dictionary Queries Run Slowly in 12C Pluggable Databases
Last updated on NOVEMBER 09, 2017
Applies to:Oracle Database - Enterprise Edition - Version 188.8.131.52 to 184.108.40.206 [Release 12.1]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
- Following migration from Database from 11g to a pluggable database (PDB) on Oracle 12c, some dictionary queries involving DBA_CONSTRAINTS, DBA_SYNONYMS, DBA_TAB_COLUMNS etc are running very slowly.
- The same SQL statements execute fine in a non-pluggable 12c environment and pre-12c
- Plans in the problem environment are different to the good environment (non-CDB).
- The PDB plan selects from common view in Container database (CDB) X$COMVW$ (and derivatives) only.
- In the non-CDB 12c database, plan does not select from X$COMVW$, but accesses base tables only.
- The Plan in the bad environment (12c Pluggable Database) is similar to:
Running on a pluggable database (migration from an earlier release is not necessary)
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms