Concurrent SQL Statements Run Slower in 12c When Compared to 11g
(Doc ID 2097729.1)
Last updated on AUGUST 04, 2018
Applies to:Oracle Database - Enterprise Edition - Version 184.108.40.206 to 220.127.116.11 [Release 12.1]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
- Performance of the concurrent SQL statements degrade after an upgrade to database version 12c.
- The same concurrent SQL statements executed optimally with an expected response time in the 11g environment prior to the upgrade.
- The execution plan for the concurrent SQL statements changed after the upgrade to 12c.
- Setting the OPTIMIZER_FEATURES_ENABLE parameter to 18.104.22.168 or 22.214.171.124 results in a good plan and expected response time.
- Issue is related to Adaptive Query Optimization features.
<Document 2031605.1> - Adaptive Query Optimization
Database upgrade from 11g to 12c using the default 12c database configuration settings for optimizer related parameters.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document