Concurrent SQL Statements Run Slower in 12c When Compared to 11g
Last updated on MAY 22, 2017
Applies to:Oracle Database - Enterprise Edition - Version 22.214.171.124 to 126.96.36.199 [Release 12.1]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
- Performance of the concurrent SQL statements degrade after an upgrade to database version 12c.
- The same concurrent SQL statements executed optimally with an expected response time in the 11g environment prior to the upgrade.
- The execution plan for the concurrent SQL statements changed after the upgrade to 12c.
- Setting the OPTIMIZER_FEATURES_ENABLE parameter to 188.8.131.52 or 184.108.40.206 results in a good plan and expected response time.
- Issue is related to Adaptive Query Optimization features.
<Document 2031605.1> - Adaptive Query Optimization
Database upgrade from 11g to 12c using the default 12c database configuration settings for optimizer related parameters.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms