SES: After Configuring SES with OAM The Authentication Page Is Presented Twice
Last updated on MARCH 16, 2018
Applies to:Oracle Secure Enterprise Search - Version 126.96.36.199.0 to 188.8.131.52.0
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Oracle SES 184.108.40.206.7 was integrated with OAM 220.127.116.11.0. However, when calling the Search Admin page the user is challenged twice for the SES username and password.
First, the OAM login page is displayed and after providing the searchsys/password then the SES authentication page is displayed.
The following documentation was used to integrate SES(Secure Enterprise Search) with OAM(Oracle Access Manager).
Secure Enterprise Search Release Notes (18.104.22.168)
Configuring Single Sign-On for Oracle SES using Oracle Access Manager 11g
The Oracle SES Administrator's Guide contains information about implementing single sign-on (SSO) authentication for Oracle SES using Oracle Access Manager (OAM) version 10g.
This section describes how to configure Oracle SES for SSO authentication using OAM version 11g.
STEPS TO REPRODUCE
1) Open a browser and go to the OAM Login page:
2) The OAM authentication page is displayed:
3) The SES username and password are provided and the authentication process begin:
User Name = searchsys
password = *********
4) After the authentication is completed, the request is redirected to the SES Admin page.
5) The SES authentication page is presented:
ORACLE Secure Enterprise Search
User Name: searchsys
Pasword : ********
6) After the SES username and password are entered, same as the one from step 3, then the SES Admin page is displayed.
Wrong behavior= the user should be challenged only once for the username and password, and that happened in the OAM page.
The SES login page shouldn't be presented at all.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms