After DB Upgrade 12.1 To 12.2 Corrupt Block Found /ORA-28304 on Indexes/Table in Encrypted tablespace
(Doc ID 2490568.1)
Last updated on JUNE 22, 2021
Applies to:Oracle Database - Enterprise Edition - Version 126.96.36.199 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
- Facing following issue after upgrading the database from 12.1 to 12.2
- Corrupt Block Found
TIME STAMP (GMT) = 28/12/2018 15:02:31
CONT = 0, TSN = 10, TSNAME = DEMO
- NO Ora-1578 is reported.
- Issue reported on 12.2
- Rman validate and dbverify reports no corruption on datafiles associated with the Tablespace involved (Tablespace no 10 in this example).
- TDE is configured .
- Tablespaces involved has encryption
SELECT tablespace_name, encrypted FROM dba_tablespaces;
- Analyze on the Index/table involved reports.
ORA-28304: Oracle encrypted block is corrupt (file # 11, block # 222365)
ORA-01110: data file 20: '+DATA/DEMO/datafile/demo_indexes.142.117382193'
- Index involved has been dropped and recreated the issue re-appears.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document