Upgrade To 126.96.36.199 VPD Returns Inconsistant Results.
(Doc ID 2509465.1)
Last updated on JUNE 10, 2021
Applies to:Oracle Database - Enterprise Edition - Version 188.8.131.52 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
On : 184.108.40.206 version, Database Security
Upgrade to 220.127.116.11, VPD now returns inconsistent results.
After upgrading to 12.2, inconsistent results are displaying when querying tables with VPD enabled on them.
1. I can run a query which returns 11 rows, when I wrap the same query into an "insert into <TEM_TABLE> select ..." it now returns 53 rows.
2. one time it doesn't return any data, and second time same query reruns a few data.
3. There were no issues in 12.1
4. VPD policies were created like so:
object_schema => <SCHEMA_NAME>',
object_name => '<TABLE_NAME>',
policy_name => '<POLICY_NAME>',
function_schema => '<FUNCTION_SCHEMA>',
policy_function => 'FUNCTION_NAME',
statement_types => 'select, insert, update, delete',
enable => true,
update_check => true,
policy_type => dbms_rls.STATIC);
5. 12.2 database was also patched to latest 2018Q4 RU (patch 28689128)
Queries should not behave differently with same amount of data with same policy.
Database Was upgraded to 12.2
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document