HOWTO: Remove/Disable HAIP on Exadata
(Doc ID 2524069.1)
Last updated on APRIL 17, 2023
Oracle Database - Enterprise Edition - Version 22.214.171.124 and later Linux x86-64
HAIP is not supported on Exadata. It is possible for it to be inadvertently enabled if the Grid Infrastructure was manually installed outside of ODEA prior to 12.2.
- If HAIP is enabled, then it will be removed during any upgrade from 12.2 (or higher) to 18c (or higher). This can cause a production impact if ACFS is in use.
- If HAIP is enabled, and the upgrade is from 12.1 to 12.2/18c/19c/etc, then HAIP will remain in place until the next upgrade.
- If ACFS is in use, then this process should only be used on 12.2 due to required functionality in ACFS, ASM and RDBMS.
- If ACFS is NOT in use, then this process can be used from 12.1 onward to disable HAIP at the user's discretion.
- If ACFS is in use, and the current version is 12.1, then HAIP needs to be disabled after the upgrade to 12.2/18/19 and before the next upgrade, OR ACFS should be offline before following the below process.
This doc will explain how to remove (disable) HAIP on Exadata with the least amount of production impact. If ACFS is in use, then only ACFS will be impacted on each node briefly and then there will be on a brief rolling outage node by node.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!