Catpatch Fails with Error: ORA-07445 [joxchrcnv()+172]
(Doc ID 271562.1)
Last updated on AUGUST 04, 2018
Applies to:Oracle Server - Enterprise Edition - Version 188.8.131.52 to 10.2.0.3 [Release 9.2 to 10.2]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
This problem can occur on any platform.
***Checked for relevance on 29-Aug-2012***
1) You have installed 9205 patchset
2) While running catpatch, you get error ORA-03113.
3) The error logged in alert.log is:
ORA-07445: exception encountered: core dump [joxchrcnv()+172] [SIGSEGV] [unknown code]
4) Stack trace is: joxchrcnv joxcdtu joxcnas joxsnm_ joxsnm
5) The error reproduces when you run the failing statement (obtained from the error tracefile):
grant select on ALL_JOBS to public with grant option;
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document