Last updated on MAY 23, 2017
Applies to:Oracle Database - Enterprise Edition - Version 18.104.22.168 to 22.214.171.124 [Release 9.0.1 to 11.2]
Oracle Database - Standard Edition - Version 126.96.36.199 to 188.8.131.52 [Release 11.2]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
This document shows you how to export Stored Outlines from one database and import them on another in Oracle9i and above.
For Oracle8i please use:
<Note:102311.1> How to Transfer Stored Outlines from One Database to Another (8i)
A typical usage scenario is when queries are getting a sub-optimal execution plan in a production database PROD, but are performing well in a similarly configured test database QA. Here it is possible to force each query on PROD to use the same execution plan as on QA via a Stored Outline. The steps are:
- create Stored Outlines for the queries on QA
- export the Stored Outlines using the EXP utility
- transfer the dumpfile to the production system
- import the Stored Outlines on PROD using the IMP utility
- enable them for use thus allowing the queries on PROD to use the same plan as on QA
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms