Error "Balance forward billing is enabled for this customer but disabled at the account site level" is raised when creating transactions for Balance Forward enabled customers
Last updated on MARCH 21, 2017
Applies to:Oracle Receivables - Version 12.0.0 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Executable:RAXTRX - Autoinvoice Import Program
Form:ARXTWMAI.FMB - Transactions
You have defined a setup for balance Forward billing, wherein you have:
1) Defined a Billing Cycle
2) Associated the Billing Cycle to a Payment Term
3) Created a customer, and enabled Balance Forward Billing by creating an Account level profile and setting the following
- Enabled = Checked
- Bill Level = Account
- Bill Type = Detail
- Payment Term = <payment term in #2>
4) You create a manual transaction against this customer, and you get the error:
- IMPORTANT CHANGE IN BEHAVIOR:
<Patch 12325638> BALANCE FORWARD BILLING ENABLED AT ACCNT LVL BUT AUTOINVOICE ERROR BECAUSE, changes the behavior of the validation such that the settings at the Account Level automatically cascade into the Site Level.
Once Patch 12325638 is applied, the information in this note no longer applies.
- This error also presents the same in AutoInvoice by way of the AutoInvoice Import Execution Report
- To minimize confusion on the cause of the error, application of Patch 7623057:R12.AR.A or 7623057:R12.AR.B, changes the error message to:
Balance forward billing is enabled for this customer at the account level, but is either disabled or not defined at site level.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms