Alert Is Not Working After Uploading By FNDLOAD
Last updated on JULY 27, 2017
Applies to:Oracle Alert - Version 12.1.2 to 12.2 [Release 12.1 to 12.2]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
***Checked for relevance on 10-Jan-2013***
Alert is not working after uploaded by FNDLOAD
1) The requirement is to create an event alert which will call a pl/sql procedure and that pl/sql procedure will call an workflow.
2) The Objects are working fine in the Instance. And whenever a Row is inserted in RCV_TRANSACTIONS for Transaction_type = 'RETURN TO VENDOR' the alert is firing.
3) An Install pack was created and Installing all the objects.
for DOWNLOAD of alert we are using :
FNDLOAD apps/apps829 0 Y DOWNLOAD $ALR_TOP/patch/115/import/alr.lct XXPO_RECEIPT_RETURN.ldt ALR_ALERTS APPLICATION_SHORT_NAME='PO' ALERT_NAME='XXPO_RECEIPT_RETURN'
for Upload we are using :
FNDLOAD apps/apps829 0 Y UPLOAD $ALR_TOP/patch/115/import/alr.lct XX_RECEIPT_RETURN.ldt
4) As we have only one instance so for Installing the Alert we are manulally deleting it from the front end.
5) Now we have installed all the objects and created a Receipt Return which is inserting a row in the RCV_TRANSACTIONS table but the alert is not firing.
6) We have checked the alert in alert manager and it is available. Now after doing some modification and reverting it (Suppose Clicking in UPDATE checkbox and Uncheck it ) I am saving the alert.
7) Now if we try once again to create a Receipt Return then the alert is firing and the workflow notification is working.
So, it seems if we manually explicitly save the alert in Alert manager then only the alert is working.
Using also FNDLOAD UPLOAD we got the same issue:
FNDLOAD apps/apps829 0 Y UPLOAD $ALR_TOP/patch/115/import/alr.lct $XXMWAA_TOP/admin/import/XXPO_RECEIPT_RETURN.ldt UPLOAD_MODE=’REPLACE’
When we are using FNDLOAD then no trigger is getting created for that Table but the trigger is getting created only after the Alert is manually saved in the Alert Manager Form.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms