RAXTRX: AutoInvoice Not Using The Ship Date For Invoices
Last updated on AUGUST 03, 2017
Applies to:Oracle Receivables - Version 184.108.40.206 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Invoices created through AutoInvoice are not using the expected General Ledger date (Ship Date). The date being used is earlier than expected, usually the
Sales Order date.
You are grouping on order number (Attribute_1 in the Interface table). Shippable (inventory) items are invoiced with non-shippable items (i.e., Warranty or Service Contracts).
There are three fields related to Invoice Date in the RA_INTERFACE_LINES_ALL table:
1. Ship_date_actual - This field is populated when a shippable item is ship released.
2. Order_date - This field is the order process date.
3. GL_Date - There should not be a date in this field prior to running AutoInvoice; it is used during legacy data import.
AutoInvoice determines the General Ledger date for invoices using the following criteria:
1. If there is a date in the GL_Date field, it is used.
2. If not, and a date is provided in the Ship_date_actual field, it is used.
3. If not, and a date is provided in the Order_date field, it is used.
4. If none of the above, then the run date of AutoInvoice is used.
However, if BOTH a ship date AND an order date are provided on one Order/Invoice, as is the case if you are grouping on order number (Attribute_1 in the Interface table), then the results are slightly different.
As an order with both ship date and order date will have different GL dates on each Line, date derivation is done PER LINE. Since the setup of the grouping rules is forcing AutoInvoice to select a single invoice date from these
different dates, the system selects the earliest date.
This can result in the invoice being earlier than the date the item was shipped, sometimes by months.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms