How To Ship The Serial Number As Entered On The Logistics Ship Line?
(Doc ID 1128083.1)
Last updated on JULY 03, 2021
Applies to:Oracle Depot Repair - Version 12.0.0 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Find that the serial number entered on a Repair Order ship line is not actually the one that is shipped. Instead, a different serial number is being shipped - or one has to be entered in the 'Transact Move Order' screen after running pick release (not even defaulting the one from the logistics line).
The expection is that the serial number that is entered on the logistics line will be the one which is shipped (rather than a random one).
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
- Create an Service Request (SR) and Repair Order for a serialized item.
- Have logistics lines created (automatically or manually).
- First process the return line for the defective product. Receive the serial number and ensure the line has a status 'Received'.
- Now create a ship line for a replacement (different serial number). Specify the serial number on the ship line.
- Book, pick and ship the ship line (in 3 separate steps) from Depot Repair (using the 'automate order processing through' functionality)
- Look up the inventory transactions in Inventory to see that a different serial number was shipped.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document