User Account Expires After A Role Change
Last updated on SEPTEMBER 08, 2016
Applies to:Oracle Transportation Management - Version 6.1.1 to 6.1.3 [Release 6.1]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
***Checked for relevance on 03-Sep-2012***
On OTM Version 6.1.1 find that after a User Role gets changed in User Manager and a User Account has a Policy assigned, the User Account expires. User attempts to log on to OTM and sees the account expired screen and able to set the same password in the old and new fields.
Expect that after changing the user role the user would not have to change or update the password but also not be allowed to use the old password.
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1. Login into an instance running 6.1.1
2. Create a user account
3. Assign a account policy to the user account that was just created. Set the account expiration set to expire every 90 days.
4. Login as to OTM as the user and change password as prompted by OTM
5. Login back in with Admin privileges and assign a different role to User
6. Logout and login back as the User and receive the prompt to change password.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms