Problems With Action "Set Operational Location".
(Doc ID 1151856.1)
Last updated on JULY 09, 2014
Applies to:Oracle Transportation Management - Version: 5.5.06
Information in this document applies to any platform.
On OTM version 5.5.06
There are four locations:
Location A, set as the source location.
Location B, set as teh destination location.
Location C, is set as an operational location for location B, this means that when there is an order to go to location B, location C may be selected to be the location where the goods are delivered, as this is the operational location.
When an order from A to B is planned a shipment from the resulting shipment will plan using the correct source location A and destination Location B, but editing the shipment applying the action "Set Operational Location" and select the operational location C, OTM will plan the shipment with source location as the Depot location and the C as destination.
Expect Source location to stay the same and the rate used should match the geography of A->C
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1. Create the four locations.
2. Navigate to Transportation Planning and Execution > Power Data > Location > Depot Profiles
click on New and define Depot Profile
3. Select a Rate Offering (that will be used to plan the Order and check the Depot Applicable box and click finished
4. Create a Rate Record for A to C and another for A to B
5. Create an Itinerary (USA_USA), and enter the Depot Profile ID defined earlier
6. Create an Order Release (A to B, constrained it to Buy Fixed Itinerary defined in step 5,
and Equipment Group for the sake of simplifying the log )
7. Bulk plan the OR and for the resulting shipment, click on Actions and navigate to Change Shipment Details > Set Operational Locations, and on the new screen for the stop number 2 which is the destination Location select from the drop down list of Operational Location "C"
8. You will notice that the source Location has Changed to Depot Profile location and it would not have planned without a rate from Depot to C has been defined (RR Depot to C)
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document