Last updated on JULY 06, 2016
Applies to:Oracle iProcurement - Version 12.0.6 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
On : 12.x
When attempting to submit an internal requisition for approval, some requisitions show a failure message, even if sufficient funds are available. However, when the Purchase Requisition is saved in the iProcurement and the same requisition is submitted for approval, in Oracle Purchasing, the requisition is approved with no check funds error. The following error occurs.
Unable to Reserve Internal Requisition XWZ
Other symptoms may include
Budget Account Required for Check Funds. Contact System Administrator if necessary.
Item Type = REQAPPRV
Error Name = -6512
Error Message = ORA-06512: at line
Error Stack =
Wf_Engine_Util.Function_Call(PO_REQAPPROVAL_ACTION.RESERVE_DOC, REQAPPRV, 51652-143997, 250098, RUN)
Activity Id = 250098
Activity Label = RESERVE_BEFORE_APPROVE:RESERVE_DOCUMENT
Result Code = #EXCEPTION
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1) Log into the iProcurement application.
2) Create a requisition.
3) Try to submit for approval using a charge account that has budget controls.
4) Error for insufficient funds is displayed
5) Save the requisition in the iProcurement
6) Go to Oracle Forms > Requisition Summary
7) Search for the requisition that was saved in iProcurement.
8) Open the requisition.
9) Check funds, which are available, and submit for approval.
10) The requisition is approved with no errors.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms