Quantities in Secondary UOM go Negative even though 'Allow Negative Balances' is Unchecked
(Doc ID 1175164.1)
Last updated on APRIL 11, 2021
Applies to:Oracle Inventory Management - Version 12.0.6 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
*** Checked for relevance on 15-JUL-2013 ***
On : 12.0.6 version, Onhand and Availability
Find that the Secondary On-hand quantity can go Negative for a Lot Divisible Item even if the Organization set to not 'Allow Negative Balances'.
Expect that when an Org is set to not 'Allow Negative Balances', transactions should not allow the Secondary on-hand qtys to go negative.
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
(1) Go to Inventory responsibility:
(i) Setup > Organization > Parameters>
- make sure that the 'Allow Negative Balances' checkbox is Unchecked.
(ii) Have an Item with Item Attributes as
- Lot Control = Full Control
- 'Lot Divisible' - checked.
(2) Do a Miscellaneous Transaction for a Lot Divisible Item allowing the quantity in the Secondary UOM to go Negative.
The issue has the following business impact:
Due to this issue, On-hand quantities will be incorrect.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document