Receivables Mexico Electronic Invoicing Regime
(Doc ID 1229475.1)
Last updated on MAY 04, 2018
Applies to:Oracle Receivables - Version 126.96.36.199 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
The objective of this note is to assist customers of E-Business Suite to understand the implications of the Legal update – Mexico Electronic Invoicing Regime.
Mexico Electronic Invoicing Regime:
When the Fiscal Authority first approved electronic invoicing requirements in Mexico in 2005, the requirement was optional, companies had only to create a flat file with invoice information to be sent to their customer with no intervention of the Fiscal Authority in the process
New modifications were introduced by the Fiscal Authority to this regime as from January 1st , 2011; though some of them still needs to be published in the official newspaper to become legal, these are the main considerations to understand these changes:
• As from 2011 the Electronic Invoice Regime is mandatory for all contributors with a total annual revenue bigger than 4.000.000 Mexican Pesos (USD 300.000 approx.).
• Only invoices with a total amount of less than 2.000 Mexican Pesos (USD 155 approx.) will still be allowed to be documented with the pre-printed forms.
• Under the new regime companies need to request an Electronic Certification Seal from Electronic Invoicing Service Providers for each invoice that is issued; while in the previous regime it was not necessary to interact with a third party.
• All pre-printed invoices ordered until Dec 31 2010, will still be valid after that date until their expiration date, which is usually 2 years.
• Companies under the current Electronic Invoicing Regime can remain as is, even after January 1st 2011, though it is expected that the Fiscal Authority will specify a date by which they will be required to move to the new regime.
E-Business Suite R11i/R12
Information in this document applies to: Any Platform.
In order to comply with Electronic Invoicing requirements Oracle’s customers in Mexico need to engage with Third Party Vendors (Oracle Certified Partners).
Some of our Certified Partners in Mexico providing Electronic Invoicing solutions are:
• STO Consulting
Please click here to join in the My Oracle Support Receivables Community discussion about Electronic Invoicing.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document